Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

I had a secret fear this Mother's Day. An irrational fear perhaps. I tried to squelch the feelings, but, instead they it left me feeling impatient and short tempered as the day grew closer.

My own mother is not here to celebrate the day. That in itself might leave me teary, but what was really eating away at my emotions was the underlying fear that my own children might let Mother's Day slide by without taking a little bit of time to remember how much I love and care for each one of them. I know they are busy with their own lives. I know some of them are mothers, are married to mothers, or have mothers in law to visit. I get that. Perhaps that is what made me insecure and impatient, because I desperately want to know that as much as I want to be here for each one of them, I need to know they are there for me too. They didn't disappoint me. I heard from each and every one, a couple through Facebook, a few who visited, and one who couldn't be here but called me on the phone. I am eternally grateful for each sweet soul who calls me "Mom." What would I ever do without them?

5 comments:

  1. ...so good to hear! Our two youngest granddaughters love to present grandma with dandelion bouquets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are cheery little things, aren't they?
      :0)

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how no matter how busy we are, we find time for them. It seems that many times we don't get the same respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommas always find time, and it amazes me how God makes it possible. Not sure how He works things out like that.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good day and that your children all acknowledged you. I was sure they would.

    ReplyDelete