Saturday, May 05, 2018

Cinco De Mayo

This morning we met Laura for breakfast. No food pictures, just one of us smiling.

I made a quick visit to the pottery studio. It was good that I went today, but I'm considering freeing up my Saturdays and making semi regular evening visits once or twice a week while the weather is nice. Today I flopped two bowls and glazed four others. I don't mind flopping a few. It's a good learning experience.

Took a walk with Rachel this afternoon and did a little shopping. I found a shirt at Old Navy that says "Keep Looking Up" on the front, so I bought it. :0) The evening I took a drive home to Williamson. The chicken flock is quite thin. We are down to two. Although they are few in number, the coop needed to be cleaned, so The Cabinetmaker and I found some shovels and a wheelbarrow and set to work. Tomorrow the girls will be blessed with clean straw. For tonight they are blessed with a clean floor. Since he's been out of town and has nothing but eggs in the house, we went to Yia Yia's for dinner. (We had ice cream.)

4 comments:

  1. Cleaning the chicken coop can be quite a mess. I done it last summer by myself and I must say that it was not a pleasant chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's clean now. Not that I'd eat off the floor or anything. Ha ha!
      It was a stinky mess, which is now sitting in the garden to be used next year as fertilizer.

      Delete
  2. ..."Keep Looking Up" is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete