Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Today There are Flowers

Not sure what to write this evening. I'm lost in my own mind. Swirling, swirling... Not sure whether to breathe deep and exhale, or turn the light off and sob.

I drove home after work, home to Williamson, to see if my favorite tulip was blooming. She was. Two beautiful salmon colored flowers this year. Last year there were three...

Her resilience continues to amaze me. I don't know if she has any more lessons to teach me about life and beauty, but every year I find her beautiful. No matter what the weather, a late spring or an early warm up, she radiates strength and grace. I still want to be like her...

I am okay. God is good and He is in control.




4 comments:

  1. ...you are lucky that your local deer herd hasn't found your favorite tulip. I went to Highland Park today, it's filled with flowers, but tulips are a bit off, perhaps next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too many deer need venture up by the house when there is such an nice orchard to wander. This is an early tulip, always blooming way before any of the others.

      Delete
  2. Mine too Martha...at the cottage!
    It surely but be a sign...I posted them on IG...
    Enjoy the rest of your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be spring when the flowers start blooming!
      :0)

      Delete