Tuesday, December 02, 2014

What to Do?

Being home alone all day is different. I like it and don't like it at the same time. Keeping busy is a challenge, especially the productive kind of busy. I have a few projects I'm working on (crocheting afghans) and a book or two I'm reading. I do think about finding an outside the house kind of job. The prospect is somewhat exciting and somewhat terrifying both at the same time.

I threw a party Saturday evening and invited several of my kids over for pizza. For a few hours it was wild and chaotic and then the party started to thin out and everyone went home. I found myself smiling and thinking it was just what I needed. Now I'm attempting to conjure up a Cookie Decorating or Gingerbread House Building Party. Perhaps I really do need a little bit of chaos every now and again.


PS. These goodies are not from this year. I haven't baked anything but pies since September. ha!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Martha, It is fun to have family and a nice get together. The holidays bring so many good reasons to have family gatherings. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good gathering, especially at Christmas.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. A gingerbread house making party would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I agree with Betsy!
    NO more pies for a while...
    Shortbread...gingerbread...you get the idea!
    Hahaha...or pies!
    enjoy your day Martha...
    expecting company?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait! Next time I'm out I'll be looking for graham crackers and cool candy.
      No more pies for a while.
      :0)

      Delete