Wednesday, December 26, 2012

X is for eXtraodinary

X is for eXtraodinary.

It has been an emotional week in our corner of the world. It's kind of hard to play the ABC game without thinking of the extraordinary men and women who put their lives on the line to serve us each and every day. They include policemen, firemen, and first responders of every kind. I am ashamed to admit that I have too often forgotten to be thankful for all they do and risk every day in every community around the globe.

For more ABC Wednesday, click here.

5 comments:

  1. my wife and my best college friend were both born in Webster. what a sad event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a grateful heart!

    eXpedition

    Happy Holidays!
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly are eXtraordinary having to deal with such situations! Hopefully, the future will be more peaceful for everyone.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder. My dad was a volunteer fireman, and so I grew up with an appreciation for those who take the welfare of their communities to heart. The most recent story is difficult and painful to fathom, but as you say, keeping first responders in our thoughts is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where I grew up we had volunteer Lifeboat crews, so I'm not unfamiliar with the courage and sacrifice these men make.

    ReplyDelete