Sunday, December 09, 2012

Motivation Missing...

Lately I feel terribly unmotivated. I want to accomplish all sorts of grand and glorious things, but so far very little has actually transpired. Even my ideas are lost and lacking. I suppose there are several contributing factors, one being that my mind and body are settled in mid-December and somehow or other the weather machine is not.

I'm not com- plaining about nicer- than- normal weather, but having lived here my entire life (minus six months), I'm kind of stuck in the groove and the groove just isn't the same as it once was. Where is the snow? Where are the blustery cold winds that chaff my hands and face? Where is the slop that covers our vehicles after a trip to the grocery store? Where are my boots? (I will need them if the snow makes an appearance.)

Christmas is the question. My Darling has asked about going shopping, but neither he nor I really have any idea what to buy for the mob that is our offspring. Perhaps I should be hoarding gift cards throughout the year... I do plan on baking and maybe making a batch or two of toffee, but I think I need a some kind of project to add a touch of "special" to the occasion. Let's see... I have two weeks...

6 comments:

  1. I so resonate with not being motivated Martha! This is a rough time of year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the motivation has to come naturally...
    You have so much on your plate, Martha...
    You will see...everything will fall neatly into place for you and yours..
    Take it from another Mom...
    With plenty of everyday problems...
    Everything will be fine...

    Cheers!
    Come over and see what I made!! hahaha....
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I will actually find myself up there and won't you be surprised! :)
      Actually, my husband has two cousins not so far from you, one in Toronto and the other in Missisauga.

      Delete
  3. I live in Mississauga!!!!
    Stranger things have happened, eh Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James' parents were both Canadian and grew up near Fort Erie. Mom's grandparents were from Toronto.

      Delete