Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Birthday Party

This afternoon we celebrated Lucas' fourth birthday (which is really on Tuesday, the 18th) at the home of Leta's parents. There was some fear and trepidation for James and me in going, but we missed Lukie's party altogether last year due to a funeral, and did not want to miss another. It turned out to be a very nice time with lots of food and rambunctiousness.
There must have been some heavy duty praying out there yesterday because I think I actually saw my son talking to his father today (I didn't stay around to listen...), and for the first time in a year my son really hugged me. I am blessed. Perhaps things are still on the upswing after all.


10 comments:

  1. big smiles....I hope it's just the beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Betsy. There is still a long way to go, but on days like today I have hope.

      Delete
  2. Good News~~ We're celebrating our granddaughter, Monica's 17th today! Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time goes too fast! Bethany's baby is already 3 months old.

      Delete
  3. Great news...
    Every family has their secrets...
    There is plenty of hope that all will
    fall into place...
    I too...have similar things going on..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete