Friday, December 28, 2012

The Weekend Is Here

After a long week of Fridays and Saturdays, the weekend has finally arrived. Mom has gone home with Rachel for the weekend and, if I remember correctly, will return Monday in time for a family Christmas/ New Year's Eve gathering. (Rachel may correct me if I'm wrong...)

There are two things highly important to my mother's daily routine; the morning newspaper and her word search books. So ingrained is Mom's habit of reading the paper that she asked for it at least half a dozen times yesterday, but the snowstorm that blew in and dumped two feet of snow must have prevented the news carrier from making her rounds as the box remained empty the entire day. Truthfully, I was not entirely disappointed in its absence as the local news has been so focused on the incident in West Webster, but I do find my mother's morning/afternoon/evening friends and company rather entertaining.

Tomorrow I will make my weekly trip to Webster, run my errands and do my grocery shopping. We are expecting Jim and Michele to arrive early Sunday morning for a couple of days. A package arrived on my doorstep from Minneapolis this afternoon. It has me curious but there is a clear message printed on the outside, "Merry Christmas! Please do not open. =)"

9 comments:

  1. If it were one of mine.. well even yours I'd be suspicious;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning on seeing you on Monday. So far, no questions from her about why she is here and when she is returning...amazing! Haha! Aunt Margie called this morning and said that their get together with Uncle Chuck was cancelled due to the snow. Mom seemed pretty pleased to be able to "stay in today". I hope you steered clear of Ridge Rd today. I heard it was horribly backed up with traffic due to the calling hours for the firefighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does my comment automatically want to print a second time when I hit the back arrow? It didn't used to do that. Oh well, something new...

      Delete
  3. I did not steer clear of Ridge Rd. I went there purposely. Had something I wanted to give away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Cat has made friends with Grandma? How nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but she likes to prickle Grandma's legs...

      Delete
  5. Most of the elderly I visit like Word Searches..and the News Paper if they are able to read the small pring. Love that Word Search books come in Large Print.

    Maybe the box read ""DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS""?????? NO?

    ReplyDelete