Friday, June 17, 2011

Snow Peas

This afternoon I finally harvested enough snow peas to put in our dinner. I was thinking some kind of stir-fry, so I did the best I could with what we had in the fridge; diced baby carrots, sliced Vadalia onions, strips of red pepper, fresh snow peas, and a little soy sauce served over rice. When James came home he tossed some toasted cashews in his.

Never mind the salad with Caesar dressing and the hot dog. It was a long day. I hadn't thawed any chicken and I used up the stew beef in Stroganoff last night. Caesar dressing doesn't really blend well with soy sauce or teriaki, but then I didn't try to mix them, just enjoyed each flavor individually. Too bad there aren't any leftovers. Guess I'll just have to try it again. I'm thinking some water chestnuts would do well or maybe some baby corn. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those things sound delish. Baby corn is tasty.

    ReplyDelete