Sunday, June 05, 2011

Mike's First Haircut

When our kids were little, one of my favorite books was "Mike's First Haircut."
"Mike's hair grows every day. It grows over his eyes. It grows over his ear. Soon Mike can not see. Soon Mike can not hear..." And so the story goes until Mike finally gets a haircut and can see and hear once more. Cute story, easy reader, and fun.

A few days ago Dave took this photo of Simon and posted it on Facebook. I laughed. I couldn't help but think of Mike. Not too long after, he posted this status, "Simon got his first haircut today. I haven't seen it yet... I am beside myself..." First haircuts always scared me too. Simon had looked so cute with his longish hair on Tuesday and I couldn't imagine him without it. Dave said he looked just like Lucas.

Aw, I think he's just as cute as ever! I even like his haircut.

5 comments:

  1. I like his haircut. He is looking more and more like Dave and Lucas. Maybe the next one will look like Leta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute book, and very cute haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's something, how much his hair looks... I mean looked like Mike's! Cute both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...he looks more like a little boy now! Soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete