Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Good Old Summertime

If I don't hurry up and get with it, summer will be over and I will have missed it altogether. My back porch has not been quite the haven this year as others. Distracted by small children and hampered by cold weather, our favorite summertime spot has been neglected, but we are working on a remedy. My favorite Priscilla made some new covers for my rattan loveseat and soon I will have the frame freshly painted. (I even bought a cover to protect it from rain and sneaky pets. aka Jasmine) This morning I purchased some fence sections to keep my folding chairs on the porch during unexpected windstorms and My Darling installed them for me. A new broom, a couple of plants, a vinyl tablecloth for a small laminated table... I think I'm finally ready for summer. Now all I need is a good book. Could you pass the iced tea?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a cozy little corner. I'll have ice tea with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goody! I'll run get the glasses and a few snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good! Already a transformation from Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Priscilla, it is. I can actually sit out there and feel relaxed. I was going to wait until I painted the loveseat frame to post a picture of it, but I think I may change my mind, especially if it rains any time soon.

    ReplyDelete