Saturday, March 14, 2009

More Stuff about the Birds

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Matthew 6:26
Another trip down to the bay. We didn't have any bread for the birds this time, just a camera to take a few photos. These must be the best fed birds in the area as there is always someone there with a loaf of bread or a bucket of corn. As I watched this woman feed the swans and geese, I couldn't help but think of the scripture that tells of God taking care of even the birds. They aren't a bit worried about the economy or if anyone will show up tomorrow with something to eat. Can I trust Him like the birds do? Of course I can, but will I?

3 comments:

  1. I posted a quote from Luke very similar to this last Thanksgiving!

    That lady is braver than I am. I do not like big birds to start with and look at the poopy she is standing in! Eeewwwwww. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw away my moldy bread today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loaf of bread is a small price to pay for a day at the lake. We'll buy some more. :)

    ReplyDelete