Saturday, May 24, 2008

Berry Bells

This little flower has often gone unnoticed in my yard. They don't call out with bright, flashy colors or inticing aromas. They are half the size of the tip of my pinky finger and typically blend in with the foliage that surrounds them. They are one of my favoite flowers but I never pick them. I don't recall ever sniffing them or even touching any, but if they didn't appear on those scraggily looking bushes on the east side of our property, we would be without blueberries come the end of July. Ever since I took notice of them a few years ago, I've come to find them quite pretty.

3 comments:

  1. They are promising little beauties. Look at all the potential antioxidants! And yummy pies, muffins, pancakes, coffee crumbles, not to mention the happy faces you will get for making all that. Could I please have a small glass of tea on the porch now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore blueberries ~~ my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty! I was wondering how I had missed such pretty little flowers, but it all makes sense to me now!

    ReplyDelete