Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Allergy Season

The lilacs are blooming. They are gorgeous! They are wonderful! I love them! Last night I stuck my nose into the blooms and breathed in its beautiful scent. Mmmmmm! Today I decided that breathing in lilac pollen may not be the best idea in the book. I did not sleep well last night. My muscles hurt, my back was achy, and my sinuses full. I'm really hoping it is not the lilacs that give me grief, but rather some other unscene foe floating through the air, something more obscure. Maybe even something not so unseen and obscure like cottonwood. Nevertheless, I will be somewhat more cautious when sniffing flowering shrubs. Lilacs smell pretty from a distance too so maybe I'll save the close-ups for pictures. I'm playing with the macro setting on my camera today and planning to buy some nasal spray to help combat my seasonal illness. (I'm fine really and don't mean to complain. I took a nice long nap today, inhanced by a little Benadryl. Documenting the problem here will serve to remind me when to buy that NasalCrom next year.)

9 comments:

  1. I'll have to enjoy your pictures and maybe the lilac festival, and hoe that mine produce flowers next year. Or maybe since they just got in the ground, they'll be late, but I won't get my hopes up. I hope your allergies get better, and how could a lovely lilac reek havoc on a body, I agree it had to be something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take some amazing pictures! Lilacs do smell so beautiful. My neighbor has a lilac bush that I caught the aroma of just this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lilacs, they don't love me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture. It will be awhile before we get lilacs here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a runny nose this morning, too, and I was thinking already that these are allergies. In fact something 'white' was flying through the air yesterday in the little forest, I saw it, and it was NOT snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cottonwood and that is what I think really bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say it's the cottonwood too! Thinking of that reminds me of Breens grocery store. It always seems to be floating very thick there in the spring.

    I asked for a liliac bush for Mother's Day. I want one of my own instead of admiring everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better. The picture is just gorgeous. Thanks for your offer to pray for my little girl. I am always praying too, but one can never have too many praying for them. :)

    ReplyDelete