Monday, November 27, 2006

A Trip to the Library


This morning we took a ride to the library. We returned some books that were due and looked for a few more to bring home. Good children's books seem to be getting more and more scarce. (Or is that scarcer and scarcer?) There are "politically correct" books, smart-alicky books, and books that are just plain stupid in abundance. Books that teach good lessons and have Christian morals are getting harder to find. I'm thinking that I need to have a list of books to look for before I even set out, then maybe it will be easier to find something worth borrowing.

Today we checked out two of Shirley Hughes books (always wonderful!) and a few books by Margaret Wise Brown. I also found a cute book called Not Enough Beds (A Christmas Alphabet Book) by Lisa Bullard. It caught my eye because of all the crazy sleeping places they found for visiting family during the holiday. (Reminded me a little of our trip to Colorado four years ago.) I'm not giving up on visiting the library, our used to be one of the best before they cleaned out the old collection, but I think I will go better prepared and maybe visit more than just the one here in town.

5 comments:

  1. I seened your guys's van. And I seend Ben and Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame that they've gotten rid of lots of the good books. Where do you think the books are going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into the library book sales. Alot of the old books sold on ebay and used book stores come out of libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw that is really to bad! we have several library's here but really I like the one down town. it is so big and the smell of all the old books.... ahhhhhh .... :(
    good question as to where those books are going......

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoops forgot to say ... you have cute kids!

    ReplyDelete