Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Pressure Release

I have been fighting my yearly allergy induced sinus headaches lately. They get better when I take the decongestant, and then when I am feeling better I forget to take them. Today I went for the big stuff and picked up a package of "maximum strength." It's not a good time to find oneself with a headache no matter what the cause. *sigh*

I made a visit to the therapist today and found myself teary and rambling. All kinds of stuff just spilled out. I guess there's been a lot of stuff piling up. There it was all over the floor, but he didn't seem to mind, and honestly, I always feel better after a few tears, especially when they were unexpected.

I am slowly making my way through those two books I started reading. I put the "Live Saving Divorce" book down for a bit. I got to a point where I felt the need to digest before picking it up again. The evolution book has had my attention instead. I might be halfway through and might be farther along if not for the sinus games.

Tomorrow Rachel and I plan to visit Tim again. They say we can take him out for a ride.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that allergy time...not fun. I'm better in So. CA that I was up North with all the almond orchards.
    Glad you are continuing to have your therapy getting help. I started doing a Wednesday Word Blog to air some of the things that I'm learning and studying. Trying to blog more because I want to start printing each year for our kids to read since they don't read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to work super early and come home exhausted. Some days I take a nap in the afternoon. It's hard to blog when I am tired because my concentration span is limited when fatigued. I will make a point of stopping to visit your blog on Wednesdays.
      Allergy season is almost unending here, but I do get some relief in the winter without pets or a working wood stove.

      :0)

      Delete
  2. That is good you are seeing a therapist and letting those tears spill. Then give those tears to God, he knows what to do with them. I hope your allergies are relieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the therapist has been so good. There are times when I walk away and think nothing happened, and then there are the teary times when I know God is healing me. He has been so good.
      My headache was gone all day until I got tired. The decongestant is helping. Now I need to take it until the box is gone and my sinuses are clear. It's become a yearly routine.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear that you can visit Tim and take him for a ride. Praying it will be a good time for all of you.
    Sorry about your headaches. Allergies can be so daunting.
    Tears are cleansing..and happy reading.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good ride. He is alert and responsive. Even without words he speaks. It's all in his eyes and the way he grabs a hand to take us out to the car when we arrive.
      Today was much better as far as the allergy headache. At least I know what to do.
      Yes, tears are a miraculous cleanser.
      :0)

      Delete