Monday, July 06, 2020

First Weekend in July

So many thoughts tumbling around in my mind... I've been learning and sifting through information, some good and helpful, some probably useless and hurtful. I pray God lights the way as He has promised.

It was an incredibly beautiful weekend. We hosted a picnic Saturday afternoon and into the evening. Seven grandchildren in one place! The inflatable "cool" (as Idris calls it) was blown up and filled with water. The Trio (Numbers 2, 3, and 4) had a great time splashing about with Number Nine. A little later Nate and Sabrina showed up with Numbers 7, 10, and 12. What a great time they had! Aubrey fell in love with Logan (I think it's the first time she met him...) and we had a wonderful time together. There may not have been handshakes, but there were some fist bumps and high fives. I call that "Progress" (My middle name. Ha ha! Not really...) and I'll take it! Josiah came after work. Half of my kids and half of my grandchildren. What a beautiful thing! Sergio's family came too as well as my friend Laura.

Yesterday, after listening to most of Church Online, I took off for Nate and Sabrina's and Church in the Yard again. It was a smaller group than last week, but just as much a blessing. Afterward I was invited to stay for lunch along with Sabrina's parents. I'd planned to clean my room in the afternoon, but sleep won out over dusting. LOL! Josiah came for picnic leftovers in the evening

Back to work today. I tossed and turned mentally and physically most of last night, pushed my snooze alarm twice this morning, instead of three times, and thought I was getting up five minutes late. In reality I was five minutes ahead of schedule. Oh, silly me! Even at work my mind raced. I must learn that listening is more important than sharing my own thoughts and perspectives otherwise I am liable to induce unintended pain... The last thing I want is to add more pain to those already struggling. Lord, help me!

It's still early. Maybe I'll go for a walk or take another drive down to the lake like I did on Friday night. It was so pretty!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend for July 4th. We hung our flag on the balcony, and enjoyed each other. Sunday we listened to 3 sermons. All excellent and all sharing that if things continue...good news...The rapture is just around the corner. If not...get ready for some persecution...No singing in church...over the line..our church and many others obeyed God rather than the Gov.
    Love you Martha...Hang in there. You have such a lovely family and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Church just isn't church without the worship of song. It does appear that things are accelerating rapidly toward that Fine Day.
      Love you too. God is working big things.

      Delete
  2. I know seeing all those children made your heart sing. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Susie! What a beautiful thing. Thank you for stopping by.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. The lilt in your "voice" is beautiful.
    I'm so glad you could be with family and love on each other..
    Absolutely love your Church in the Yard...I would love to do that.
    It's still church on line for Dave and I...we fall into the "Old" category..but it's fine with us.
    Our son and wife stopped by to pick some plums and we chatted for quite a while before they had to go. Nice.
    Waiting to hear how the Covid tests have come out for our younger son and his wife. Mark is the RN that works in the ER at Salem, Or. hospital. They were both showing symptons but it may just be pure exhaustion from the type of work he does. Prayers appreciated.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine life without my family. Gathering them together has always been one of my greatest joys. God knows!
      I miss being at church so much, but I am not alone here at home. I am ever so thankful for Hannah, Sergio, and Idris. And my job too.
      Prayers for your Oregon son and his wife. Love you!
      :0)

      Delete