Thursday, July 02, 2020

Hot and Stuffy

It turned hot and humid today. Even "The Veranda" is hot and stuffy. I am ever so thankful for  my attic air conditioner. It helps me sleep at night.

I went out looking for lawn chairs this afternoon and found nothing. Summer has just begun and there are no folding lawn chairs anywhere. All I found were beach chairs, the really short ones. I figured they are better than nothing and took four. Who knew there would be a lawn chair shortage? We might be reverting back to sitting on old logs and tree stumps.

My last post was emotional. I am rearranging brain files and finding Martha again, and she's going to be alright! God has all of this under control. (He's just like that.) I looked for my little box of letters the other day and for the first time in my life I have absolutely no clue where it is. (I also have no clue where the hose and pipes to my vacuum cleaner have gone...) When the attic cools off again I will be ready to sort through boxes of old things again and continue my journey of unloading. A little at a time. "Progress over perfection."

It was so warm this evening that I chose a cold supper. I mixed up a strawberry banana smoothie and enjoyed it in the steamy garage. It was quite delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you definitely are ok..warm-ish but emotionally doing fine. so happy for you. The smoothie sounds delish. Hope you can sleep "cool" tonight.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoothie was super yummy and perfect for a hot, steamy evening. I am sleeping cool.
      :0)

      Delete