Friday, July 10, 2020

I Crashed

As you might expect after a week packed with activity, I came home from work today and crashed. I stretched out on the living room carpet in front of my glass bookcase, pillow under my head, and closed my eyes for a quick nap. When I finally hauled myself off the floor and out to the kitchen, it was 5:12 pm. I'd guess I was there for 3 hours, mostly sleeping.

I woke up with an allergy headache, medicated myself (back on the allergy meds regimen) and went out to fill my gas tank. (Is it even okay to have a headache anymore?) I went to Target for a birthday gift. My sweet Aubrey Rose (Number 4) turned nine on Wednesday. She's invited us for a swim tomorrow.

Since tomorrow may prove hot and busy, I opted to do my laundry this evening. My bedroom smells like fresh linen... Ha ha! A little relaxation on The Veranda this evening and now it's time for bed. The world is still getting crazier every day, but I know God is still in control.

Oh! The nurse from Tim's place called to let us know how happy he was all afternoon yesterday. She said he just kept smiling. What an answer to prayer!

10 comments:

  1. I think you needed that nap and good to hear Tim had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely needed the nap!
      We are blessed when our brother is happy.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I read your previous post to know what was happening with Tim. Oh it was nice to know he was smiling. He probably misses being visited. Darn Virus. Sending prayers for you and yours, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate that virus. Hate even more that it's impossible to know what is really going on. So glad we got to visit.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it comforting to know that God cares?
    How wonderful that your visit to Tim gave him smiles and a good day.
    So glad you could rest and I know today will be a great day for you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So comforting. It's been such a great week. So many blessings!
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear of the good visits you've been having with friends and family this week--so good for you and good for them. Loved the joy you could see in your uncle's eyes the other day! And for you to hear how Tim's happiness carried over--blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...making it through the week with heat and everything on your plate is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete