Thursday, July 16, 2020

Rain, Rain, Rain

What can I say about this week? It's almost over now. It's not been near as activity filled as last week.

I made a visit Sunday afternoon to someone who obviously despises me. Her disdain is quite obvious. Needless to say, I won't be making a return visit. *sigh* So much for trying to make amends. The whole encounter threw me off for a bit, but I think I've recovered. It is what it is and I've done my piece. That's all I can do.

It's been a beautiful week weather wise. The rain arrived this afternoon and is forecast to come and go all through the night and into morning. It's a good soaking rain and the thunder and rain on the roof will help me sleep tonight. (I am sleep deprived. Drank a coffee too late in the afternoon Tuesday and slept very little that night. I'm still catching up.)

Reading a couple of books and tucking away thoughts and information. I find I'm really good at starting books, getting 3/4 of the way through, and not finishing. Maybe I need to find some good novels. I tend to finish those.

Tomorrow is Friday already. Saturday looks like a busy day. I'm looking forward to it.

10 comments:

  1. I love the rain. We haven't had any for quite some time. If it was raining, I wouldn't miss the pool not being open for use. What a shame!! But I'm loving my life, because it's the only one I have, and until the rapture, or I die of some other cause, I will just keep praising the Lord. Who is like HIM. Sorry your visit didn't work out...but that OK...you did your part so God is on your side. He's got your back. I think about you often, and Martha...I do dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wasn't so tired, I would go out and dance in the rain. Loving life means you will never lose the battle. Keep on praising Him and dancing.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. ...isn't the rain beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, Sorry about your visiting leaving you feeling a little put off. I had a lady next door once like that. She was just such a grump, I give up trying to be friendly. Glad you got the needed rain. I smiled about all the little kid cars in the rain. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew going in that this individual could react unpleasantly. I am not done being friendly, if I happen to see her out and about, but I will not reach out again. I am done.
      I have been loving the rain. Not sure what happened with the thunder storms last night. I sleep best with them going on, so I never know when they occur.
      Blessing to you as well.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Hey, I do the same thing with books! We must be related!😁
    Sorry about the unpleasant Sunday visit. At least you know you did your part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really? Maybe we are!
      It was my prayer request during Monday's walk. I just didn't want to talk about it.
      Love you!
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Baby steps are always good. So glad you went to the person and did your part..no matter how painful it was..You had the courage to go and now your heart is free..it's all on her shoulders now.
    It's like the refreshing rains you are having. Cleansing...rest will come and your weekend will be so good.
    Love you Friend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going was incredibly difficult, and her response even more so, but I did my piece. I do not understand carrying hate and anger...
      The rains have been incredibly refreshing. Now for the weekend.
      Love you too!
      :0)

      Delete