Thursday, August 09, 2018

Yesterday...

Yesterday morning was warm with patches of fog. I followed my friend Tahnya halfway to work, but lost track of her when I stopped to take a few pictures of an old barn. It was a beautiful morning, perfect for sitting out on the back steps with a cup of coffee... except I was drinking tea on my way to work instead. I believe in drinking deeply the unique beauty of each day.

Yesterday I was the lucky recipient of the "You get to go home early today award." I fed the children, cleaned up the mess, set out the afternoon snack, and rather than going on lunch, I headed home. My eyes were achy, presumably from the previous evening's torrent of tears. When two hours later they were still hurting, I realized I was dealing with a caffeine headache (was that coffee really half decaf?). I took some Excedrin and
 a short nap, before going to an afternoon meeting. Thankfully the headache subsided and I took in a little clay therapy in the evening. The studio was mostly quiet and that was good.

Life is still hard. No details, just another plea for prayer. God will know what to do.

And thanks.

2 comments: