Wednesday, August 01, 2018

The Many Adventures of Martha

I am still collecting missing key stories...

Monday evening I went to my new support group meeting. I stayed and talked for a while afterward so my run into Wegmans afterward was hurried. I was a bit distracted by the fellow who opened his car door just as I was pulling into the spot next to him, but it was an amused distraction, not an irritation. That, coupled with the fact that I'd already been in Walmart and not found what I was looking for, left me a little absent-minded.

I found the items needed, headed to the cashier, and then out the door. As I went I reached for my keys. They should have been in my pocket, but they weren't. I went back to the register, but no, they weren't there either. I prayed I hadn't locked them in the car. ... Again.

My prayers were answered when the car door opened easily, but my relief was squelched by the realization that I'd not only forgotten my keys, but I'd also left the car running. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be worried. I know I was embarrassed at the time, but it all seems terribly funny now.

On Tuesday evening I picked up my latest bowls from the pottery studio. I am pleased with the results this time. They're getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment