Saturday, August 18, 2018

Be Anxious for Nothing

I slept in today until 7:30 am! Ya-hooooo!

Throughout the summer my daily work routine has included opening the four year old classroom. They are a trip. One small child, upon entering the room, announced it was "Happy Hannah Day!" This was reiterated several times during the course of the day. She is generally happy, if things go her way (ha ha!), but can be reduced to a puddle of tears when hurt or disappointed. Perhaps "Happy Hannah Day!" is her mother's way of reinforcing a good attitude. I think I like the idea.

I am feeling slightly tense and edgy. (Perhaps I need to declare this "Happy Martha Day!") It's been raining for days and the roof is somewhat unreliable. The water has leaked in here and there, never in a torrent, but dripping unexpectedly. I took out a loan for a new roof. That is just one of my stresses. It has to be done,  but I still feel anxious sometimes.

Finances are getting unpredictable. I've had to pick up my own health coverage and I'll be checking out car insurance soon too. These, along with financing a new roof, are fighting for space in my mind which they don't need to occupy. People say, "Where God guides, He provides." I'm holding on to that. He's never let me down yet.

I'm meeting an old "friend" for coffee after my appointment this morning, and then maybe I'll do some clay therapy. It's not a good day to visit fields of sunflowers. Too wet and soggy.

(That is Naughty Too. I like him.)

2 comments:

  1. ...I know just the thing to kick off 'Happy Martha Day.' Heading south on Clover Street towards Mendon Ponds Park is a fabulous fields of sunflowers! That should do the trick. 🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow!
      :0)

      Delete