Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Barn Collective

Yesterday morning's excursion took us to a farm, and where there are farms, there are bound to be barns.

Frederick Farms is just south of I-90 in Clifton Springs, NY. I haven't researched their history, but some of the buildings there are unique. Maybe someone out there knows what kind of place this was in the early 1900's... I haven't a clue but I still find it fascinating.






The farm offers hay rides through the sunflower field in the evening.



 Little out- buildings. The traffic is on I-90  directly behind the property.

 Holding the doors in place, I'm guessing. On a windy day, which it wasn't, those things can really get flapping.

We stopped to visit the goats and cows before leaving. (I like cows.) This one licked my shoulder while I was trying to take our picture.

Stop by Tom's and visit some more barns. I think he's having a cookout.

6 comments:

  1. I love that the cow licked you. She just wanted to see what you tasted like, lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the licking cow. Animals are lovers too.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting series of photos!
    You like cows, they like you! It has been a long time, but if I remember correctly, cows tongues are rough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cow's tongues are surprisingly rough! It was a sweet moment.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. ...well, I need to check this place out! As far as the cookout goes, one ever shows up! Thanks Martha for sharing this neat local spot. I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting place! Loved seeing the barns!

    ReplyDelete