Saturday, August 04, 2018

Sunshiney (mostly) Day!

It was a good day. The sun was shining when I got up, there was a little bird chattering on top of my window, and I had time to relax before heading off to my morning counseling appointment.

Today my sister Rachel and I went to the city of Rochester's Park Avenue Festival. After driving in circles for 20 minutes just looking for a parking spot, we decided to fork out some money and pay for parking. $10. Ugh. But we split it between the two of us and didn't have to walk any farther than a block and we were there. (Edit- We parked on the front lawn of Francis Parker School Number 23. What a great school fundraiser!)

It was a beautiful day for a festival! (Haley, second cousin to my kids, is the owner of a brand new Bakery Bar on Park Avenue. She is on the far right, boyfriend in the middle, and his sister on the left.)

We met some super heroes...


There were tons of people and we only got caught in one ten minute downpour. Ha ha!

We saw unexpected friends, collected hugs, and took in the sights.

When we were done traipsing about, we headed back to Webster and split a burrito at Moe's.

Yup. It was a good day, even if I do look a bit bedraggled.
:0)






3 comments:

  1. ...parking is ALWAYS a bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never been before. It was fun though, even the rain.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. We parked on the front lawn of Francis Parker School Number 23. What a great school fundraiser!

      Delete