Monday, August 13, 2018

August Picnic

The Cabinet Maker decided to have a gathering. His garden is lush, growing, and prolific. He's been roasting peppers and picking tomatoes, and he wanted to share. We used to have gatherings like this, but it's been a long time.

There was chicken on the grill. Special chicken, marinated Puerto Rico style by a friend who ended up having to work. There is nothing in the world quite like Filipe's chicken. We had fruit, and beans, and potato salad, and corn, and salsa... So much yummy stuff!

The kids ran wild and I didn't have to worry about it. I've even given up (mostly) trying to keep track of toys that get dragged out of the house and into the yard.

Five of our seven were present, seven of our ten grand- children, along with significant others and several friends. It was a good day. I tried not to be a nuisance with my camera, but you know I can't just not take pictures.

It was a good day. I will admit that I was a little concerned for a bit, but everything turned out very nice. I even brought home a bag of fruit salad for lunch this afternoon. Oh yeah! So yummy!

6 comments: