Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Rainy Day

I want to write, but I am tired and my thoughts are jumbled.

It was dark and deliciously dreary when my alarm went off this morning. I considered pulling the covers up to my ears and closing my eyes, but that was not an option, so I dragged myself out of bed and downstairs to the shower.

On my way out to the car I dropped my naked waffles in the driveway. There was no time to go back for more, so I plucked them from the pavement and popped them in the car. I made it all the way to the street at the bottom of the driveway before realizing I'd forgotten the two gallons of milk I'd bought for the daycare breakfast. I went back inside and retrieved them before setting out again.

It was sprinkling when I left Webster, but I drove into a torrential downpour midway to work. At one point I considered pulling over, but that would have rendered me late, so I kept driving, through puddles and pouring rain. Upon my arrival, I found my umbrella AWOL and so I was drenched by the deluge as I made my way across the parking lot. I arrived safe but dripping. (That silly umbrella was hiding in my glove compartment the entire time.)

I eventually dried out and it was a good day. As usual the little ones made sure I felt loved. Garrett sat on my lap while the four year old class watched an afternoon movie in lieu of playground time. When he got up, Hannah plopped herself down. She told me she loves hugs and that I'm her "best friend". "I love you most," she smiled. Nothing fills an empty heart quite like the love of a child... or two... or three. Ha ha!

(No photos allowed so I have to draw the kiddos instead)
:0)

6 comments:

  1. ...yesterdays rain was GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Except for those who got flooded.

      Delete
  2. We could use some rain and we are supposed to have some today. Actually, from now till Monday it is forecast to rain and we are supposed to go camp this weekend. The site is paid for so I am sure we will go but it will not be a fun trip if it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murphy's Law. If you are going camping, it will rain.
      (It works if you water the garden too.)

      Delete
  3. I didn't have an umbrella with me, but fortunately the downpour came AFTER I was safely inside the double doors of our building, so I only had to walk through a light rain.

    Glad those little ones are giving you lots of love.♥

    ReplyDelete