Monday, November 21, 2016

Welcome Wintery Wonderland

I did not take pictures of the foot of snow in the bottom of the chicken enclosure this morning. I did not take a picture of the poor little hen who was foolish enough to jump from the top nesting area and into the snowy bottom. My camera card is full, the new one is in my glove box. My camera battery is dead. (Both of which will be remedied soon...)

So the little hen who hopped into a foot of snow didn't know quite what to do. She didn't struggle or try to get away when I picked her up and set her back in the top with her friends. I think she was a little bit stunned. Ha ha! I dug the feed pan out of the snow, filled it, and put it up top along with a few apples. The Cabinet Maker and I cleaned out most of the snow and stapled some more cardboard to the sides of the enclosure. What a great way to welcome winter!

Speaking of winter, The Naughties found the bedroom door open and an unmade bed waiting. When I came out of the shower, there they were, side by side, one looking at me with a satisfied grin and the other was sprawled out on his side getting ready for a nap. I didn't take a picture... They were later evacuated by a middle aged man sporting a beard and mustache.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful out there today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful if you can keep your eyes open. ha ha! That wind almost took my breath way!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for the sunshine and close to 50 degree weather we have today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I am thankful for last week. It was so beautiful, maybe even beautiful enough to carry e through the coming winter.
      :0)

      Delete