Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

Ten adults, seven children, and way too much food. Why do we always think we need to double the recipe? ha ha! We have leftovers and there is pumpkin pie for morning. It was a good day, a noisy, rough and tumble Thanksgiving.

We rearranged the living room because Thanksgiving is a trial run for the following holidays. And we found that we could open up the  living room and fit everyone in one room. Maybe when Christmas comes we'll borrow Bethany's folding table and stretch it out even a little further.

The dust has settled, the chickens have gone home to roost (we let them out today for the first time since Saturday), and (most) of the dishes have been washed. Speaking of dishes, we broke out the good china today! Can't let it sit in that china cabinet forever, can we?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a nice day. It had its crazy moments, but it was nice.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to an easier meal come the next holiday, but I love having all my people together.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. We have a six foot folding table you can borrow if needed. Treasured memories. Love you friend! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder about the good china! I have my mom's, and think I should pull it out when my brothers and their families are here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom's has sat in that cabinet way too long, lonely and forgotten. It was smiling when I put it away.
      :0)

      Delete