Monday, November 07, 2016

The Long and Winding Road

The cobbled road, littered with fallen leaves, led the way to the top of the hill. The way was not entirely smooth, but it was clear and we plodded forward...

We've been walking down winding roads and unknown paths for several years now. They have taken us through years of raising children, seen us bid sad farewells to loved ones, and found us tripping over our own feet when faced with obstacles of unexpected proportions. I'm sure we've both looked back a time or two, wondering if it might be wiser to turn back than to forge ahead, but onward and upward we go never knowing what might lay around the bend or over the next rise.

Last week I was tired and teary. The road was rough and uneven. I wanted to stop and rest, fearful of what fate may await me, but today I am hopeful. Still tired, but encouraged by recent events and strengthened by words of scripture. God has not abandoned us in the trial, instead he offers a hand to hold when our feet ache and our legs are unsteady. And here and there, when we can no longer go on, He puts us on His shoulder and carries us for a spell.

4 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still working on me,
      To make me what I ought to be...
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Life is full of bumps along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and some of them send us flying!
      Just gotta keep climbing back in the wagon.

      Delete