Tuesday, November 29, 2016

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

Now starts the race to Christmas, but I'm hoping this year to enjoy a gentle stroll instead. I'm buying books for  my grandchildren (online, because the sticker shock hits different) and hoping to find a day in December to build graham cracker houses or decorate cookies with them. If we don't build or decorate before Christmas, there's always Christmas Day (or even Christmas Eve). Shoot, there's even New Year's for that matter. (I'm taking that weekend off...)

I'm not sure how festively decorated my house will be, but I do plan on getting a tree. Not only are they fun and festive, but the real ones smell so nice (and are a great playground for The Naughties).

I'm sure the four weeks (are there still four?) between now and Christmas would have been full even without me working, but I'm trying to see my days with G. as a break from the craziness that life can become. She sleeps the afternoon away and I have a few hours of quiet. Not a bad deal, really.

5 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho...
    And away we go!!
    Same here Martha, but...I did get my staircase lit up yesterday, and it looks darn festive!!
    Tree next week..fresh here too!!
    Enjoy your day...warm and wet here...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attempting to keep it easy this time around. Hoping it works.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. A gentle stroll sounds just right. My days are filling up with events and projects already, and I am not good at time management, so I'll be sure to leave lots to do at the last minute for the big wedding...it's coming up, a week from Saturday! 140 people, and I am buying the food! My daughter's future mother-in-law and, and her fiance's siblings will be here at our house for a pizza party the night before the wedding, so you would think I would be cleaning up, but I am just not motivated yet. I also am going to decorate and put up a tree and make fudge and bake cookies and and and. ha. Yet here I sit, reading Martha's blog:) I hope you have a restful season, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whose idea was it to add a wedding to Christmas? Well, I guess we did that once. Kind of. Beth and Adam celebrate their 11th Anniversary on December 3?
      :0)

      Delete
  3. December always flies by. For me, there's always end-of-year bookwork to get done (which for some reason, ahem, hadn't been kept up with), so I never feel like I can just focus on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete