Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Winding into Winter

Autumn is winding down and although stubborn leaves still cling to the branches of selected trees, the nakedness of winter is closing in. The season of baked goods and fireplaces is descending upon us. Perhaps I should dig out my favorite pair of mittens and maybe even order another pair or two for those mornings when I'll need to brush the snow and ice off my car before heading out to work in the morning and back home again at night. Maybe I should even make sure I have a snow brush hiding behind my seat.

It's supposed to be cold and rainy on Thursday so I'm planning to take some time to mix up and roll out a batch or two of pumpkin shaped cutout cookies. I'm hoping the grandkids will come over to help me decorate them with candy corns and chocolate chips.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan....
    Not sure what Miss V and I will do tomorrow...
    But...I will love every second of it!
    Enjoy your day off....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan to enjoy my days off and I'm sure you and Miss V will find something fun to do.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I envy the falling leaves here from Florida...cute Kitties picture !!!! Have fun making cookies with the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pati, I would miss that falling leaves too. They're my favorite.
      :0)

      Delete