Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Snow Day!

We got a blizzard for Valentines Day! Well, it looked like blizzard conditions for part of the day. The wind is still whipping the swirling snow into drifts that block the driveway. My Darling has already been out with the snow blower twice.


 Big, fluffy, white flakes falling fast.
Piling up on branches,
Obstructing our view.
Transporting me back in time
To days of walking home from school in a snowstorm.













It wasn't exceptionally cold this afternoon. I went out on the back porch for a minute and the snow almost made me feel giddy. I should have grabbed my boots and mittens, tossed my jacket on, and gone for a walk. Instead I snapped a few photos while I waited for the dog to do her business and then went back inside where I snapped a few shot through the windows.

I hear it's going to be a good night for snuggling with temperatures at record lows. Hope you've got someone to keep your feet warm tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Snow made you giddy....now you're sounding like me! haha. Our snow blew sideways today. Brrr! The temp also dropped 40 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had a friend to go traipsing about with yesterday. It was so magical, but James was running the snow blower and I'm just to old to go floundering through the back forty just for kicks. Aren't I?
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I am glad to be home tonight after a harrowing drive down the thruway after the working at the Dome. It was impossible to see, blowing and drifting snow...I am glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you are safe at home too. I've been out on harrowing drives and they are exhausting. Hope you had a good night.

      Delete
  3. We had a snowy Valentine's Day too

    ReplyDelete