Monday, February 16, 2015

The Frozen North

Quietness... Aside from the occasional sharp, piercing bark from Sofie or the ring of the phone. 


I took some pictures on this coldest of days, but "cold" really doesn't show up in a photograph. 


It was bearable today when the wind wasn't whipping and it wasn't.


 We're running low on firewood now... Good thing the oil tank for the furnace is full.


 I made tracks through one of the deepest drifts. It was up to my knees.


 Sofie was not amused at my photo taking this morning...


The drifts by the house were up to my knees, but the grass is still visible here where the Naked Snowman Club is gathered.


 Wind whipped snow. I'm wondering if this is where the kids made tracks last week.


And there's my picnic table. Or the edge of it. Right there in front of the lilac bush.


And the back back. The house holds the tree up during ice storms. Once upon a time the tree was the gathering spot for children. It seems a long time ago and yet just yesterday too.

7 comments:

  1. Yikes!
    I won't say anything....at all....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Lake Ontario is frozen almost as far as I can see. It's incredible!
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Like last year.....
      Incredible!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures...love the one of your tracks and the barn,..that is beautiful!

    The naked snowmen...it's like the Polar Bear Club..they just need an icy lake to jump into! Can you imagine? Oh my!

    We're at an even zero degrees tonight before the wind. Most of our snow blew throughout the day but it's started to accumulate tonight. Not up to our knees, though. ha. Don't worry...your photos looked cold. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. Sometimes I take a photo and just hope it turns out the way I want it to.

      I could take the naked snowmen down to the lake but the water is frozen anyway.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I liked how you captured an almost lonely feeling in many of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete