Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Today

I had a better day today. Although I was still tired and headachy, at least I didn't feel cranky. I think I accomplished something... I washed my bedding, cleaned the fridge, and put a roast in the crock pot. This afternoon my sisters and I visited our brother and took him out for a ride. My headache worsened on the trip and by the time I got home I was ready for an Excedrin and a short nap. There are some days when one just has to tough it out and hope the pain suddenly disappears. It's actually better this evening even if it has left me tired. Tomorrow my grandchildren will arrive bright and early so I hope to get a good night's sleep.

PS. I "borrowed" this snuggly teddy bear photo from Pinterest. He's helping me look forward to fall, days of piled up blankets, and cups of hot coffee.
:0)

16 comments:

  1. You had a full day....for sure!
    Glad you are a wee bit better...how was the roast?
    We were still hot here today...you?
    Supposed to get even hotter for the end of the week....
    Get some sleep....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to turn the roast into tamales as soon as I get a chance. I like making them with beef better, but this time I have pork. I did take a teensy taste though and it was yummy.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. My dear Martha....I'm so sorry you had to suffer with your headache. I want you to know...you are free to sleep in, take naps and just hang out if you feel like it here at the Villa. My goal is to send you home refreshed, renewed and perhaps a couple pounds heavier. Just kidding...but we must have our coffee and sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headaches are kind of routine. Most of the time I know why they appear and that helps with either tolerating them, treating them, or both.
      Let's have big cups of coffee and tiny sweets, okay?
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Can I slip into your suitcase?

      Delete
    3. Definitely! What fun we would have!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. PS I forgot to tell you I love your new header. I put up my Autumn Wolf painting for my header today. Needed a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I went searching last year's photos for something fallish.

      Delete
  4. Love the photo...makes me feel cozy! :)

    Hope your head is better tomorrow when you have a full house!

    I love fresh bedding...that had to feel good to slip into tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it though? I love pictures like that. I can almost smell the potpourri...

      So far, so good on the headache.

      There is nothing quite like clean fresh sheets. Mmmmm!

      :0)

      Delete
  5. Glad you felt a little better. Get some rest. Hope you wake up feeling 100 percent tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna be a great day! Noisy, maybe, but great!
      (Those children will be here any minute.)
      :0)

      Delete
  6. Did you hang the bedding out on the clothes line to dry? That is heavenly :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't. My allergies keep me from doing that too often. Too bad. They would have been fresh and sweet.
      :0)

      Delete
  7. so sorry you've not been feeling good. I hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete