Thursday, September 04, 2014

Patience in a Bottle?

Is there someplace that sells patience, packed in bottles, to sip as needed whilst small children terrorize your house? Oh, wait, that's called wine, isn't it? Perhaps I don't want to go there after all.... *sigh*

How about some photos from my day with no headache. :0)


"Look, Grandma! A giant mosquito!"


Morning sunshine


Three little tramps


Looking for leftover blueberries


Our barn from the orchard across the street.
(We went for a walk, a short walk.)

PS. A song keeps running through my head. It goes like this, "Patience in a bottle..." but I think it's really supposed to be "Message in a bottle..."

10 comments:

  1. I have a bottle of wine that has set unopened for a year...it makes a nice decoration and reflection in the mirror. HaHa. Love you up close and personal photo. Apple Pie...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a sip or two of wine here and there, but probably not whilst watching small children... ha ha!
      No apple pie yet. Maybe soon.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Is the header photo from recently? Wow...you're looking much more fallish than we are! Beautiful!
    I always love the apple orchard...now that really does look fallish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo is from last year. We're not that fallish yet and today is supposed to feel like mid-July!

      The apple orchards are nice. If and when we ever move, I'll miss them.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. If you find that bottle of patience, please let me know!
    Between my two little one's fighting and my daughter dealing with boyfriend issues, I'm going insane!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a deal, Angie. I have my three little grandchildren twice a week for the day. Lately one will grab something from another and then they run through the house screaming and crying, one chasing the other yelling, "Give it back!" They don't even appear to notice I exist at that moment. Even intervening is a challenge.

      Delete
  4. Patience in a bottle?

    I could definitely use some of that too.

    Glad your headache has gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well imagine, Ruth. I remember the days of a houseful like it was yesterday.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. I do often think of you Martha with great admiration.... I don't know how you did it with seven!! Six seems to be pushing me over the edge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me, I do know how it feels. I often felt like I'd outdone myself with six and seven. And now, well... now they're all grown up... almost.
      Thanks for stopping by, Ruth. I do like your visits.
      :0)

      Delete