Wednesday, April 02, 2014

The Annual Easter Egg Hunt (or something like that... )

Okay, so it wasn't actually Easter eggs I was looking for in the grass, but it was a hunt. I was hunting dog poop, picking it up with an ash shovel, and dropping it into a plastic bag lined bucket. The hunt is getting harder every year and I'm beginning to wonder why I haven't kept up with this during production. Not only are my eyes not seeing as well as they used to, but the grass is dead and brown, the yard is full of sticks and scattered leaves, and some of the "piles" are more like pancakes. Dog poop really does show up much better on top of snow...

I've come up with a new "law". I call it "Mom's first rule of dog ownership" and it goes like this: "Where there is dog poop, someone will step in it. Sometimes it will be Mom." It was bad enough that I stepped upon a terd on my first morning venture into the yard, but when I went back out to "find" some more, I managed to get some on the bottom of my other shoe. And I was looking for it!

If it's nice out tomorrow, I just may employ some younger, sharper, and "closer to the ground" eyes to help me get the yard cleaned up. And then, I'll need to find an old toothbrush to clean up our shoes. I think maybe I know where My Darling keeps his.

:0)

6 comments:

  1. Scoop during production. Yep, I think that's the way to go. haha. At least cats bury theirs. I'm so thankful for that. lol....She is a cute puppy though. Aw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am used to cleaning up after a slightly larger dog who left slightly larger eggs. If the ground is frozen so are the "eggs" and then the cleanup is relatively easy. It's not been so this year.

      Delete
  2. This is one of the BIGGEST reasons I do not have a dog!
    Scoop as you go.....good advice!
    Enjoy your day...
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only I could follow my own advice...
      (Reminds me of my mom in law who always says, "Take my advice, I'm not using it.")
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Your mother in laws advice makes me laugh. :)
      Sophie's so cute!
      Sorry about the poop on the shoes. The last time I stepped in do doo it was right in front of my mail box when I got the mail after work in the dark. Some doofus let their dog poop there and then didn't pick it up. :P

      Delete