Thursday, April 10, 2014

Just Stuff

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite things to do was to close all the bedroom doors and throw a super ball down the tile hallway. It ricocheted off doors, walls, and the floor while I tried to follow its path with my eyes. Eventually, the bouncing became less erratic and more predictable. As the ball lost energy and moved slower, the bounces became more frequent but less intense. That's when I would pick it up again and give it another toss. I'm not sure if there is any correlation between ricocheting super balls and the thoughts inside my mind, but there are times when it feels like I have a brain full of super balls.

Yesterday we had a couple unplanned visitors for a few afternoon hours. These little ones had already spent a restless night with other friends, following an accident at home, and the friends needed a few hours rest before picking up the task again. It wasn't hard to love these little people for the afternoon. What was hard was knowing their other sister and mommy were at the hospital waiting to see if sister was okay go home. Please pray for our little friend N. who has a cast from her waist down and is pretty much immobilized. We thank God that she is alright. Things could have turned out so much worse.

Today brought the first really warm and comfortable temperatures of the season. We took the kids outside and while they played, we raked out flower gardens. What do you know! There are actually flowers growing. Maybe I will have tulips and daffodils in a few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Well, that's scary! Praying for all involved...a child in a cast like that is going to be trying for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very scary! My heart rate jumped when I first heard about it. I only knew pieces of what happened and that it involved a car. She's 3 1/2 so that cast will keep her put for a while. Poor thing. :(

      Delete
  2. yep, got that covered.

    speeking of covered, did you send a casserole or pie home with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't send anything home. But I will be making dinner for N's family on Monday. Not quite sure what it'll be yet.
      (Thank you for the hugs and prayers.)

      Delete
  3. Oh that is scary..Not as simple as a broken arm...but a body cast is really big. We will be praying for the family and you as you jump in to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's home now, dwarfed by the wheel chair they gave her, and probably being spoiled rotten.
      Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete