Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wintery Weather

Yesterday morning the ground was clear and snow-free. That lasted until a little after noon when snow started falling in abundance. By mid afternoon the roads were covered. This morning Emma and I went out to the bus stop down a snow covered driveway. Though I am ready for spring, I must say the snow was pretty this morning.

It won't last long. Soon the wheel- barrow will be full of dried leaves and sticks instead of snow. (And maybe we'll drag that Christmas tree down to the burn pile...) The grass is already making a new appearance and the trees are considering blossoms. (Okay, maybe that's pushing it a little.)

7 comments:

  1. just another spring in upstate NY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a pretty sight...I'm tired of our rain...and today the sun came out for a while, and I was looking at the sign over my kitchen window..."Here Comes the Sun"....I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're just a pinch ahead of you. My daffodils have bloomed and my lilac tree has buds! But we are supposed to get snow over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is the way of spring in upstate NY. I am not sure why so many of us act so surprised. I expect it will snow at least once in April, though I'd prefer it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing, Martha. I am really ready for Spring, but it was beautiful out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, you make me laugh!
    I like the first photo with the pick up truck.
    Melissa is turning 16 today and she will get a truck like that soon!! Something I like .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gudrun, the truck is Ben's. Hopefully, he'll be able to get it on the road someday.

    ReplyDelete