Thirteen Thoughts on Christmas...
1. Christmas is really about remembering Christ's birth; that God actually clothed himself in human flesh and came into this world to offer us hope.
2. Jesus tends to get forgotten in the commercialization of the holidays.
3. There is a child-like wonder in hearing the story of Jesus' birth in Bethlehem during a candle light Christmas eve service.
4. I miss having nativity pageants, plays, concerts, and contadas at church.
5. I love old Christmas carols, the ones we used to sing in church, and "Away in the Manger" is still my favorite.
6. Giving and receiving gifts is fun, but I'm beginning to think it needs to be done in increments.
7. Shopping on the day after Christmas is more fun than shopping before.
8. Maybe we should exchange gifts on New Years...
9. I want to give more to those who can't give back.
10. Cutout cookies should be made early in the month and enjoyed by children each day after lunch.
11. A family Christmas party sounds like a good idea; a Bible reading, some music, white elephant gifts, and a few snacks and games.
12. Real trees smell better than fake ones.
13. I miss my Dad.
Wells Memorial Library.
5 hours ago