Monday, March 30, 2020

News From Home

* I honestly don't feel isolated. Perhaps I don't stay home enough, or haven't yet. It's not that I'm unwilling. Aside from our walks I stayed home when my car was in the shop. I stayed home over the weekend. But this morning I went out to the chiropractor. My lower back was bothering me on our walks and I don't want to let it go too long, so I went. It was a very empty place. From the chiropractor I went to the grocery store where I slathered both my hands and the cart handle with hand sanitizer. I filled my little cart with fruits and vegetables, eggs and coffee creamer, a few canned goods, and some vitamin C, and then I came home and washed my hands some more. Walks help with impending cabin fever, so late this morning we walked around the neighborhood.

* Last week I had my car repaired. and this week we replaced our hot water heater. I am ever so grateful for my son in law who picked up the heater and installed it this evening. It's been a guessing game the past few days as to whether or not there will be hot water for showers. (The pilot keeps going out and the water heater was 14 years old yesterday.) I went without a shower this morning and washed my hair in the sink instead. The water was cool, but not freezing. Sergio lit the pilot again after he came home from work and was able to get a hot shower this afternoon. Idris was blessed with a warm bath tonight instead of a coldish one like last night. Tomorrow I will once again be graced with a hot shower.

* On Saturday I pulled out my clay and sculpted two dogs. I don't know if they'll make it back to the pottery studio in one piece, but it felt good to hold a ball of clay in my hands. There is something soothing about playing in the mud. Always has been.

* I need to pack an overnight bag. Tomorrow might be a good time to do that. I'm not going far and it's not a vacation. The date of my departure is unknown but sure. One day in the next few weeks my 14th grandbaby will make his way into the world and I will stay with his brothers and sister while his mommy is in the hospital. Maybe even a day or two after she comes home.

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you are blessed with a new hot water heater and that you are going to be able to care for the little ones while mom is having her next child. I am sure it will be nice to visit with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water is hot enough to turn me into soup! I must turn the temperature down before one of us gets cooked.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Oh please don't get cooked....
    How wonderful to have hot water again though. When our heater went out a few years ago we were without water for almost a week. I am not made for the pioneer life!!
    Lovely walks make these days more blessed. I really don't mind the stay at home thing. Its just the idea that we CAN'T that gets to me.
    Stay safe and healthy. Its nice you can be with family while the new addition makes its appearance.
    Dave and I are doing a ZOOM conference thingy with our sons and their families this afternoon.
    It will be fun to talk and see each other and catch up on Life.
    Haven't heard any more from Wanda...Prayers....
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long walks do make the days more blessed. Hannah and I sneaked a walk around the block with Idris after dinner. It wasn't a long walk, and it was cold and gray, but getting out always feels good.
      Saw Wanda on Facebook looking like a Ninja Turtle. Love her so much!
      Be safe. Love you too.

      Delete
  3. Walks have been my saving grace. It helps that there's always someone here willing to accompany me! I'm so glad you get to go help when baby is born! It's so exciting!!! And to be meeting a newborn soon, oh yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walks are wonderful, lulling me into believing we are not confined. Today's sunshine made it even more wonderful.
      Ah yes! The baby. I forgot to pack my suitcase. Maybe another job for tomorrow. I still need to apply for unemployment. Ugh.

      Delete