Thursday, March 26, 2020

This Crazy Life

The world gets stranger every day. I'm not always certain if it's the pandemic that is causing all the craziness, or if the craziness is the cause of the pandemic. Nothing really makes much sense. The only thing certain is that none of us can stop the chain of events unfolding before us. There is no doubt people are sick and dying, and it is certain our way of life is in jeopardy. There is no way to tell what information is accurate and what is being spun to the advantage of those who would like to take control. Thankfully, when all appears to be out of control, there is One who is always in control.

My car, which I left at the shop on Tuesday night, is finally back in the driveway. Both the AC unit and the serpentine belt have been replaced. It was not an inexpensive repair, but it was less expensive than replacing my car altogether, even if I did miss two days of work. I am grateful to the mechanic who fixed it (a friend of my son), thankful I followed my gut on taking it in, and overwhelmed by the love of God and how He is always taking care of me.

I missed two days of work while the car was in the shop. One of the infant teachers covered for me in the early morning and my boss made lunch for the kids. We had eight yesterday. I don't know how many showed up today... Tomorrow I'm going back to work. That's the good news. The bad news is the daycare is closing with an expected return date of May 1. Five weeks. What will the next few weeks bring? Perhaps more cinnamon rolls and home baked cookies... some artwork? ... a painting or some new sculptures? Maybe we'll get the garage cleaned out! I know we'll take lots of walks. So glad my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills!

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; 
His mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning; 
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV

6 comments:

  1. I like the chalk art and words. These are puzzling times when we need to think in new ways about what we do, whether it is washing fruit or cleaning boxes we bring in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, I think we need to write some words of encouragement in the bottom of our driveway. It really was fun seeing the messages left in the street by the kids who the other day were bouncing on the trampoline in the back yard.

      Delete
  2. I hope you'll be filing for unemployment to cover those weeks you'll be missing. I finally got my form filled out at 6:45 this evening. It only took me all day. I did stop to do a little cleaning and a little yardwork. Not really sure what I think of all this pandemic craziness. I've waffled back and forth so much, but I posted an interesting article I read tonight. It's probably been here longer than just January though.
    Glad you got your car fixed before it left you stranded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen more than one article like that. In fact I posted one myself a few weeks ago.

      Delete
  3. Love the Lam. verse. and I really love the positive spin on life that you have.
    We all just keep on being kind, caring for those around us and putting our hand in His.
    I try to do a little project everyday, walk around the block, keep in contact with friends, and be thankful for the good life I have been given.
    Love you friend.
    Stay healthy and love on family.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to stay positive. Nothing else helps as much as looking for a reason to smile. This morning I am being lazy and staying in bed. But I won't do that all day, of course.
      Love you too!

      Delete