Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Today is Wednesday

I haven't been counting the days of our confinement, mostly because I don't know where to begin. Working made life feel normal even though my last week at the daycare was far from typical... I looked up the date our governor shut down everything non-essential. I don't know how I could have forgotten. I won't forget again. It was my birthday when it became official and yet we'd already been working toward social distancing for a week previous. (No wonder I was confused.)

Yesterday was cold and damp. Sergio went to work while Hannah and I stayed home. We took a one walk yesterday. We went around "The Big Block," which simply means we circled the entire little neighborhood instead of just half. "The Big Block" is a short walk, but it's good for when the weather is cold and damp. I can't remember what else I did other than clean the kitchen, look at my computer and take a long nap... Oh, wait! We did clean out the patio room which had turned into a catch-all over the winter, and we consolidated belongings.

Today was bright, sunny, and cold. We bundled up early and took a walk "to the cars," which is what Idris calls our walks to the village and back. There are fewer and fewer cars these days. And fewer people walking too.

This afternoon I went over to Bethany's house to stay with the kids while she went to her midwife appointment. Jake, Jill, and I made construction paper bears for the Bear Hunt and put them in the windows. The boys retreated to the basement early on, but Jilly and I made paper flowers for the windows too and went outside. It was wonderful to sit outside in the sunshine and even more wonderful to visit with Beth when she came home.

Hannie made vegetarian chili for dinner and we took another walk "to the cars" before it was time for Idris to take his bath and get ready for bed. Like always, he was full of energy on our excursion, but suddenly became so tired he couldn't walk when we turned into the neighborhood. He took snail sized steps at a snail sized pace until Hannah offered to give him a piggy-back ride home.

It was a beautiful day

4 comments:

  1. Now that really was a beautiful day. Sounds like you did plenty of things to pass the time. Precious times with Idris. Memory makers.
    Stay safe, stay well and stay kind.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day. We are making memories even if I'm not totally conscious of it.
      I'm doing my best to stay kind. I felt cranky today, but Hannah said she didn't notice. For this I am grateful.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. So thankful that you are still able to spend time with family. I am thankful that my grand doll is next door and that I see her daily. I can't imagine life without her here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed to be with family. It would be too sad if I was all alone. So glad you have the grand doll close by.

      Delete