Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day #3 of Semi Isolation

Going to work makes life feel almost normal, except that it isn't. In my kitchen, cooking for the kids, I can somewhat forget what is looming on the outside, but the daycare, aside from crying babies, is much too quiet. Our numbers drop as more parents opt to keep their children home. It is to be expected. Soon we will stay home too.

Last night I took my camera on our family walk to the village. This afternoon I took pictures with my cell phone. We stopped by the woods on the way home. My old playground is almost unrecognizable. Old trees are rotted and fallen, the road narrowed and hidden by leaves, but this is where the neighborhood children gathered when I was a girl. It was a wonderful place.

Other than work, a quick stop in CVS, and our walk, I've stayed home. Pizza for dinner to support a small local business. We might as well save our stockpile for when we can't go out anymore. My bank account is low after rolling several thousand into an IRA so I can keep my health insurance, but my bills are paid and I still have a paycheck coming this week and next. God has me and those I love in the palm of His hand. And He has you too.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your walks. I may start walking daily as well. I have not been isolated yet, but it feels like it. I am not going out to do the normal window shopping that the grand and I do or enjoying any time with friends, which is beginning to bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came out of a selfimposed semi-isolation back in the fall. I am relieved I don't live alone.

      Delete
  2. Yes He does. I'm grateful but I have to admit I woke up very early this morning Worrying about our finances which are depleated and 2 small jobs I have on a regular basis have been cancelled too. Scary times.
    Dave and I are fine and trying to stay put. We did go to the WinCo yesterday to get a few things we will need in the coming week or two. We still walk around the block and will do house work..Oh joy just thinking about it. All restaurants are closed except for curbside pick up or drive through.
    What a crazy time we are living in..Feels sort of like the beginning of The End Times to me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. It is an eerie realization how quickly it (the end times) could happen. Feels surreal.

      Delete
  3. I so agree with Sue....it does feel like the end times. I remember a song of many years ago called "The King is Coming"..one of the lines said in the end times, people would be willing to give you a bag of gold for a loaf of bread....today it would be toilet paper. So glad to know God is in complete control and none of this has taken Him by surprise.
    Finances are going to be hard for everyone. I just have to remember He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...Maybe He'll sell some and give us the money. We trust Him with everything, and still have a sense of humor. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of the song too. Wasn't it called "I Wish We'd All Been Ready"? A piece of bread would buy a bag of gold... I've also though a lot about my dad and how when he came home from the hospital with no cancer treatment, he said, "What's the worst that can happen? I die?" It sounds depressing, but it wasn't really. It was hard, really hard, but sweet too in an explainable way.

      Delete
  4. You are probably right about the song...I haven't heard it for years, but it just popped into my head the other day. I think the chorus was The King is Coming.
    Dying is not the worst thing for a Christian, but it's still very hard, but sweet...I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very big piece of me is ready to stay home. I'm tired of guessing what to do.

      Delete