Sunday, March 08, 2020

Just Weekend Stuff

The weekend has come to an end. My Friday night pottery class was a great help in melting the stress from my back and shoulders. I made a return trip late Saturday morning and spent some time glazing my pieces. It is a wide variety of random stuff. Next week is our final class. I'm not ready for it to be done and would sign up for another if I had the extra cash, but that will have to wait. I am grateful for the shelf I rent because I can still go in anytime.

My sweet Number Nine, who dodges my camera, enjoyed taking selfies yesterday morning with my phone. He is quite the character! Ha ha!

Today my sister Priscilla and I went out to see our brother Tim and take him out for a ride and a small chocolate Frosty. He was terribly sleepy. He was asleep with his head on the table when we arrived, ate his snacks in the car and fell asleep on the drive, and ate his Frosty at an average speed today. Not at all like his normal self. And then he fell asleep on the way back to his house too. Not much of a visit.

After driving out to pick up Priscilla, taking Tim out for a ride, and driving back home again, I was terribly sleepy too. I pulled into the driveway, parked the car, leaned the seat back, and conked out myself. I should have gone for a walk, but I probably needed the sleep.

Back to work again tomorrow. It'll be dark out again when I leave the house, rather than just getting light, but I'm looking forward to a bit more sunlight when I get home in the evening.

7 comments:

  1. I'm convinced they drug the residents there sometimes. He's never been like you described here before, but the time before last that I saw him, he seemed a little sleepy on the drive (I actually took a picture of him that day). When we got back to the house after the drive, all the residents were cuddled up under blankets in the living room taking a nap. I found it peculiar, and I should have taken another picture, but my camera was in my car. I would've felt strage too. So sorry he was like that for you guys. Did you say anything about it to his caretakers about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we told them he was very sleepy. Either way he noticed the box of snacks behind the seat, and though I did empty my glove box, he did not bother to open it. Other residents were up and about when we returned. Not entirely sure why he was so sleepy.

      Delete
  2. Glad despite the sleepy Tim, you took him out and someplace inside of him, he feels comforted by your visit.
    Hope you can keep on with your pottery..its a fabulous stress reliever for you... Love your cute "selfies".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to see Tim. Sometimes it is sad, but it is always good. He didn't seem bothered by the fact that it was my car with me and Priscilla instead of Rachel. He knows we all belong.
      Perhaps I should have gone to the pottery studio tonight...

      Delete
  3. You and Rachel are such faithful sisters for Tim. Sleepy or not, it was good for him to get out and be with you girls.

    I too love your pottery and hope you never stop....You can almost see #9 haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from it being me and Priscilla instead of Rachel, most everything was the same, and yes, it's good for him to get out.

      Pottery is my lifesaver.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. I'm currently on vacation so I wasn't able to go. I had tried to see him just prior to leaving, but they were quarantined for the flu.

      Delete