Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Well That Stinks


Poopy morning. When I pulled her shirt off, it went all the way up her back to the base of her neck. She really needed a bath, but I didn't have the option, so I cleaned her up with an entire box of baby wipes. Okay, maybe not THAT many. Thankfully, it was not in her hair. Then I would have HAD to find a way to bathe her. As it was she screamed the entire time. I should have been the one screaming, but no. It was her. And she was my third poopy baby out of four. The fourth was not poopy.

I played with them, fed them, and changed them. I did not make their morning bottles. I did make their afternoon bottles and gave them lots of snuggles. Babies have to be snuggled. Even if they are boogery.

I've been trying not to think too much about the pandemic of Covid 19. Honestly, it's mostly because I don't know what to think. I'm not afraid, just confused. If the world shuts down for two weeks it's literally impossible for me to work remotely. Can't change diapers that way.

8 comments:

  1. No you couldn't, but it would smell better. haha. Lot of confusion on the virus, but best not to panic and just do the common sense things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two responses from California. Della is out there too. I am washing my hands even more than ever, but not panicking. If work gets shut down I will catch up on all those things I never seem to have time for, like excavating my room.
      Love you. You and Don are in my prayers through this.

      Delete
  2. I know, Martha, the world seems to have turned upside down. I don't know what to think either. Here I am in California, so far from home, and all flights to Europe are now cancelled, hoping not domestic flights next! Sorry about the poopy mess, ugh. Those babies are lucky to have you to cuddle them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is always getting turned upside down about something, isn't it? Oh, dear. You are far from home. Poopy messes really aren't so bad. It's all part of the loving, although the snuggles are better.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Yes, this virus is certainly taking its toll on life in general. I am sure that many see people taking things to the extreme, but I truly believe that it is going to affect us more than we expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it already has, and folks here have yet to get sick. Why, oh why, do we need to literally empty the grocery store shelves?

      Delete
  4. It sure is hard to know what to think about the virus. I think common sense is the best..Wash the hands more than usual and keep the hands away from the face..good advice for anytime....Poopy diapers are a fact of life and your Littles get so many snuggles afterwards. Babies, diapers, boogers and snuggles...yup, that's Life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am washing my hands a lot. More than ever and more fiercely. I must purpose to drink more water, and to do so more often. And for as long as I am able, and we stay open, I will love the littles.

      Delete