Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Strange New World

I am ready and willing to stay home, but the daycare remains open for the time being. We had just 24 children today. I went in an hour and a half later than usual, and left early as well. Tomorrow will be the same.

After work I picked up my non-driving son and took him to the grocery store. He hasn't been in a while and was a bit concerned because he heard that everything was gone. I told him "everything" is a funny word. He was able to find what he needed (even a package of toilet paper), and said he was looking forward to a good salad later tonight. We had enough time to go through the drive-thru at the bank before taking his groceries home, and then I dropped him off at work.

This evening Hannah, Sergio, Idris and I went for a walk. It was a bit chilly, but I wore my gloves and hauled my camera along. Down through the path by the woods and on to the village, past the four corners, the fire station, the middle school, and back home again. I'm finally getting some steps worth counting, which my "new" phone is doing rather well at. Almost 9000 today.

Be safe, my friends.

4 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your 9000 steps today. Now I want to increase my number of steps, you are a good example. I am self isolating for one week already and now my county says everyone needs to do that until April 2 except for essential work and shopping for food, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The long walk felt so good. It is one thing we are still able to do and many people are out walking. Perhaps we will get to know our neighbors by being isolated. Otherwise we never see each other. Be safe, Terra.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. There can be some good coming from this isolation at that!
    I'm glad your son was able to find what he needed. Maybe the biggest part of the hoarding is over and everyone will settle in to the "new Normal". I wonder how much longer your Daycare will be open as mandates come down to stay put? Hubby and I get so antsy knowing we aren't suppose to go out or anyplace...not that we do much anyway...it's just the thought of We can't...I guess we are spoiled. At our age we sure don't want to get this stuff. Walking is good for us so we will continue to do that.
    Take care...stay safe and healthy.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to feel as though I'm isolating while I'm still going to work, but our numbers keep dropping and dropping. I can't imagine being able to stay open with just a handful of children each day. Yesterday there were 24, today just 16.

      We took another walk this afternoon. My poor feet are tired. Ha ha!

      Stay healthy and safe, my friend.

      Delete