Monday, September 16, 2019

The Wedding

I came to Minnesota because my son lives here, but the gentle nudge to follow through and actually book a flight came from my son's childhood buddy Dan. He called me back in April or May and said, "I'm giving you a verbal invitation to my wedding." An actual wedding invitation followed a few months later, but by then I'd already made the decision to be here. Dan has called me "Mom" for years now, and as much as he loves me, I am also grateful for his parents who stepped in to be family for my son when he first moved here twelve years ago.

The wedding was incredibly beautiful, and fun. I put my camera down for the ceremony. Actually, I left it in the care of my beautiful daughter in law who was sitting several rows behind me. I did not want the temptation in my hands because I knew there would be moments I wanted to capture, and there was a photographer for that. Instead, I sat in the front row with Dan's parents and another couple close to his heart. What an honor bestowed on me! I am humbled and grateful, and I love that boy!  (I stole a photo online.)

No pictures of the horses that carried the groom and bride to the ceremony. No shots of the dogs who came in with the bridesmaids. And no photos of the pooch turned ring bearer either. I took it in without distractions. This wedding, like those of my own children, had my full attention.

Congratulations, Dan and Rachel! I wish you every happiness!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this looks as though it was such a nice wedding, but how I wish I could see the horses bringing them in or the dogs that were in the wedding. I would say it made for the perfect day. I love the bridesmaid dresses and the way the groom is dressed. Of course, the bride is stunning as she should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to post a few more pictures after the photographer puts them up. It really was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and fun wedding. I'm glad yu were able to go and to give it your full attention. There will be plenty of memory photos for you to get .
    Don't you love being called Mom by those who have become like our kids? We have some too. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kool-Aid Mom was my dream. I didn't have that one fulfilled, but I'll take whatever blessings I can get!

      I love the creativity and personalization (is that a word?) put into weddings lately.
      :0)

      Delete