Thursday, September 12, 2019

Here I Am in Minnesota

I did not pay attention to dates when making plans to fly, only to days of the week. The wedding is on Saturday (my son's best friend) and I wanted a couple days with my family as well. I considered flying out on Thursday morning, but that would have meant getting up at an ungodly hour to be at the airport for a 6 am flight. I opted to get out of work early and fly out at 5 pm on Wednesday instead. It wasn't until Tuesday that I realized I'd purchased a ticket for 9-11.

I arrived safely in Minneapolis at about 9 pm local time just as the storm clouds were rolling in. It's been a dark, dreary, rain-filled day and that is perfectly okay. This morning I sat on the floor and played with my little grandson. It comes so natural, just like I was made to snuggle little ones. Ha ha! We took it easy today, caught naps this afternoon, and went out to play indoor mini-golf and eat pizza this evening.

Sleep has been elusive and I am totally tuckered. Weirdness fills the dreams I can recall by morning. You know, the kind something akin to chasing a school bus from one stop to the next, never catching up to it, and finally arriving at school only to find you are not fully clothed... ? Except it wasn't that one this time around. And it wasn't the one where I am in desperate need of bathroom facilities that are all occupied, filthy, or nonexistent. This dream, which occurred a few days ago, had to do with me needing a shower and all kinds of complications in getting the task accomplished; falling shower hooks/curtains, a public shower facility, a man in the adjacent shower, people knocking on the door to get in... I don't recall ever being successful in acquiring a shower while still dreaming. I only know I'm still tired.

It is a strange thing to lose all track of time. Not only have I entered a different time zone, but I've almost completely lost track of what day it is. I knew what day it was when I got up yesterday morning, but lost it somewhere along the way. Maybe that's a good thing, huh?

On another note, I got this little bit from my sweet Hannah this evening, "We pulled onto our street tonight and Idris gasped for joy and said, 'Honey Gram is home!' 🙃 He’s going to be so excited when you get back!" He probably saw my car in the driveway and forgot that they took it home from the airport. Aw, I miss him too.
:0)

6 comments:

  1. How sweet that little grandson is. I am thankful that you are blessed enough to be able to visit him and how exciting that one is waiting on you to return home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an incredible blessing! I am so glad to be here getting to know my grandsons again.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Honey Gram...I adore that name and your sweet grand. Enjoy your time with family in Minnesota and relax...sleep will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a very relaxing couple of days. I've almost forgotten how to relax and it feels very good.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. So glad you were able to go visit.❤

    ReplyDelete