Sunday, September 29, 2019

Alarmed (Not to be confused with "Alarming" which was my last post.)

The room was still dark when I opened my eyes, and as I often do upon waking, I reached for my alarm clock and pressed the button to light the screen. "6:40."

"6:40?" I thought, "How can it be 6:40? How in the world did I oversleep again?" I checked my clock and found the alarm was turned off.My mind began to swim. Twenty minutes until I had to be at work. Once again there would be no shower... I slipped out of my pajama pants and into a pair of clean underwear. At least that would be different this time...

My mind was still spinning. "What will Beth say?" I wondered. She is the first Infant Teacher to arrive each morning. She would never let me hear the end of it. I grabbed my socks, shoes, and purse, and then realized I was still wearing my pajama shirt... That would be cute, going to work in my Minnie Mouse jammie top... especially with a chiropractor appointment after work. I looked about the room and my darting eyes caught sight of the top I'd hung across the end of my bed the night before, the one I'd planned to wear to church on Sunday morning...

I felt both silly and relieved. Silly because I'd actually been convinced today was Monday and I was late for work again, and relieved because I didn't actually get in my car and set out to find my workplace closed.

I put my pajama pants on and crawled back into bed.

6 comments:

  1. Martha, Martha, Martha...
    You are a riot...
    Happy Monday...FOR REAL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Better to be amused than confused. Uh... or something like that.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. You silly billy...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but the joy of crawling back into bed! Once one of my boys took an after school nap, because he had a job at the farm down the road, and he was tired out. Well, he woke up, looked at the clock, and thought it was morning! We were all at the dinner table, and he walked in to the dining area with his backpack, all dressed for school. It was a seven o'clock dinner, he thought it was brekky. It was SO funny. To all the rest of us, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably what I'll try next. Ha ha! I do love being able to crawl back into bed though.
      :0)

      Delete